Friday 11 July 2014

Flower power

Top: Nichii | Skirt: Zara (Similar here and here)
Earrings: Vintage from Cyn (similar here) | Necklace: Quintessential (Similar here) | Ring: Vintage from Cyn (similar here)
Watch: New Look | Bag: Gracious Aires (similar here) | Shoes: New Look (similar here)
I had a teacher who all the students referred to as 'Flower Power' for her deep and enduring love of floral print dresses. Unfortunately, this wasn't a reference to the 60's hippie flower power style but rather, a negative comment on the 'auntyness' of her attire.

I like girly floral prints a lot but I also have a deep and enduring fear that my prints will be too aunty. It's kind of hard to tell right? Can anyone really explain in words what makes one flower print aunty, while another one awesome? 

Nevertheless, you'll still find me in flowers because I'm so brave. I'm like the Asian version of Merida* except I don't have a bow, I'm not a princess and my mother has never turned into a bear, as far as I am aware.  

Thanks for reading, peace and love to all.

*From the movie Brave. Bravo if you got the reference you pop culture genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!