Wednesday 23 July 2014

Big black tent

Dress: ASOS | Necklace: Gift (Same here)
Not typically a fan of the high-low dress because it makes me look like I couldn't decide but this one makes me feel leggy so that's cool.
Bag: Nasty Gal (Similar here) | Bangle: Gift (Similar here) | Ring: Gift but I think it was Dorothy Perkins (Similar here)
Shoes: Beverly Feldman (Similar here)
Yesterday I had a brief whatsapp conversation with my sister (Mousie), who is living in New York,  and it went something like this:

Me: Mousie, does this neon yellow skirt and green, black, and white top match? 
[I sent her a selfie of me wearing above mentioned attired posing in front of the mirror]

Mousie: Umm.... Hmm... Maybe? 
[She said that but was probably thinking, 'Yeah it matches if you're colour-blind]

Me: Hmm yeah maybe not huh? 
[She agreed emphatically]

Me: Do you think a navy blue top made of tinsel is too much for the office

Mousie: Yes, if you work in my office. 
[Probably also wanted to follow that statement with, 'and you want to get fired.' 

I concluded to her that I think sometimes I try too hard. But today was not one of those days. I just wanted to wear a big black tent. So I did. And it was AWESOME.

 I don't think it's too shabby. I often forget that sometimes less is more. 

Thanks for reading, I hope you have your Mousie equivalent and if you don't, I can share mine with you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!