Thursday 15 January 2015

Wijaya

Top: Zara (Similar here)
Sunglasses: Aldo (Similar here) | Bag: Aldo (Similar here)

Skirt: ASOS (Similar here)
Ring: Vintage (Similar-ish here)
I'm not quite sure what I was looking right at but clearly it was very absorbing
Shoes: Missoni (A birthday gift from my ever stylish aunt!)
My colleague asked me today, 'do you shop every week?' to which my other colleague responded, 'more like every day!' Then, the boo asked me, 'do you ever wear an outfit more than once?', which is a pretty terrible question for someone who sees me everyday because it means he's not very observant. The answer is YES. I repeat my clothes. See?

I'll admit I have a lot of clothes but I'd like to think I'm economical about them. The problem though is that fashion trends change quickly and I really really really like wearing new clothes. So I've kind of solved my moral conundrum of being a wasteful materialistic person by donating my used clothes to the groundskeeper of my condo. She's a wonderful and hardworking woman by the name of Wijaya. Her husband used to be the groundskeeper but he passed away suddenly of a heart attack leaving her and their 3 young daughters behind.

Anyway, I've been passing my used but not shoddy clothes to Wijaya and I'd like to think her daughters are super well dressed now (except for the unfortunate time when I throwing away all my skanktastic clubbing clothes from the early 2000s. I'm sure she has better sense than to let her daughters out in such revealing clothes.

In case you're curious...
Praying for more fabric to descend from the heavens

Ok what was my point? Oh yes, so I really hope that you also donate your used clothes to good causes, be it the Salvation Army or to your own helper at home. If you would like to help Wijaya out, that'd be cool too. Just let me know! Three young growing girls need clothes! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!