Monday 12 January 2015

Going dotty

Top: Pim + Larkin (Similar-ish here)
Skirt: Smooch the Label
Shoes: Jessica Buurman
Sunglasses: Karen Walker
Ring: Gift from Wendy (Similar here) | Bag: Gracious Aires (Similar here)
Brooch: From an Armani Exchange dress (Similar here)
Wearing this dotted skirt is kind of apt for me since my true friend for life Seaneee calls me 'Dots'. The reason why he calls me that is because when he met me, I had a whole bunch of moles dotting my freaking face. You know that scene in Austin Powers when Austin can't help but say 'Moley moley moley' when he sees the huge mole on the other character's face? Yeah. That moment scarred me.

When I was in my early 20s, I had my very first 'procedure' done. I went to visit the wonderful Dr. Roy and had seven moles removed from my face. Instead of those laser pew pew removal procedures, the doctor decided it would be best to cut them from my face and then stitch up the wounds. The procedure was done in the name of pure vanity and while it hurt like a biatch, I definitely don't regret it. What I do regret is not having taken better care of my skin from the start. All those days of tanorexia made me gloriously brown, like sweet caramelised sugar, but it also made the moles on my face throw a mole party and invite all their mole friends. I removed 7 but I still have some lighter ones and some new moles who joined the party a little late.

I'm totally pointing to one of the moles I had removed
Now that I'm older, I'm much more conscious about sun damage and I take pains to slather myself in sunblock before leaving the house in the mornings which would account for why I am now white like a ghost. I highly recommend Biotherm's UV Supra D-Tox for the face and Sunplay's watery cool body mist sunblock for the body. They are both quite lightweight and non-greasy. As an added awesome must-have, mouse squad member Nic introduced me to the Peter Thomas Roth CC cream and it's great for basic coverage and SPF protection too.


This is not an ad since no one is paying me (but I do wish people would pay me to say things because I can really say a lot of things and I like money), but caring is sharing. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!