Monday 12 January 2015

A break from the regular scheduled program

This post has nothing to do with clothes.

I was sorting through my photos and old emails and came across this one. A whole lifetime ago, I had a short romance with someone and while it obviously didn't work out due to a variety of reasons (ok, only one: he wasn't that into me), I still kept this email.* I guess I really like how poetically he wrote and I kind of feel nostalgic, not for him, but for a different time in my life where I really had no clue what was going on but I was really living in the moment. It was a time of spontaneity, a moment so carefree I felt like I was on a rollercoaster. Now it's all about paying bills and tedious responsibilities so I think it's cool to be a little nostalgic, right? Anyway, I wanted to share that youthful moment with you.
 
A,
 
I have my earphones on with 'oh mandy' on repeat. The plane engine
whirs in the background. I'm a little sentimental, and I hope it is
raining outside. I hope you are well.
 
Darling, keep marching to the indie beat, guzzling 'em tiger beers and
covering your face with that crazy-beautiful smile.
 
I will remember the late nights, the tanning sessions in the pebbled
courtyard, the clandestine operations, hard candy-possibly the most experimental movie I've seen,
our numerous introductions and reintroductions, the princess in an
orange and white sun dress in a house full of drama queens, the mee
pok sessions you had to endure, two dimples and a palm tree, and the red
toothbrush that was left behind.
 
An August crush, months of sprinkled flirting, a December fling, now
it has come full circle; January, a little crushed. As we walk down
our own decidedly wicked paths, let's think back on this fondly, in
all its simplicity.
 
Take care,
 
Anonymous

* I edited out a line and the name because I guess I should still respect some of his privacy even though I've totally just put his private email to me out on the world wide web. Lol. Sorry dude.

Ps. YOUR LOSS SUCKA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!