Tuesday 17 June 2014

Grin and bare it

Top: Ezra | Skirt: ASOS
Gripping on for dear life because I kept slipping through the holes in the steps
Bag: Y-3 | Shoes: China online store
The necklace is a gift
The ring is a gift from Aunty Cyn and is both creepy and awesome
 Around the time when I was in secondary one or two, pop stars such as Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera and Mandy Moore became all the rage, singing catchy tunes while dancing about in midriff-baring outfits comprised of crop tops and super low rise boot cut jeans. At such an impressionable age, I became obsessed with the midriff-baring look which meant I had to become less obsessed with fried chicken nuggets and Mountain Dew, and much more obsessed with sit-ups.The late nineties was a stressful time for me.

As with all good trends, they come around and so the crop top is back with a vengeance. Thankfully for me, it is now way less revealing as they're usually paired with high-waisted pants, skirts or shorts so this really limits the amount of (fl)abs exposure. I like this version of the trend much more and so does my mother who might have been appalled to see me sweating all over her parquet floor in the hopes of shrinking my food baby.

Thanks for reading, hit me (food) baby one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!