Friday 20 June 2014

Business class

Top: Primark
Skirt: Smooch the Label | Shoes: Marks & Spencers
Necklace: Gift from Diane | Ring: Lovisa
Capelet: Stolen | Skirt: ASOS
Shoes: New Look
Top: ASOS | Ring: Gift from Jackie | Earrings: Vintage hand-me-down from Cyn | Watch: New Look
Dress: Far East Plaza | Shoes: Marks & Spencers
Bracelets: I think they're Dorothy Perkins | Watch: New Look
Fist bump bro! Ring: A gift from Mousie. Very love it, it's a poodle!
I had to jet off to KL again this week to attend a meeting and a workshop so instead of posting each night, I decided to combine it all as one big post. This is because I am computer illiterate and did not know how to connect my laptop to the hotel's internet. I am a disgrace to the Gen Y's.

Anyway, I had a couple of challenges packing for KL because I only wanted to carry a cabin sized luggage but I also wanted to fayshun it up. The following are my key tips for packing for business trips:
  • Pack low-heeled shoes/wedges for brisk walking because it is imperative to be able to outpace your fellow business travellers especially when it comes to the immigration queues. The faster you get in line, the faster you get to get into a cab for another long journey to the city centre, champion.
  • Wear a silicon watch for important time-checking. You are an important business person and your time is money so check frequently to see how much money is going to waste every time the people ahead of you dawdle. Sighing loudly is a general rule. A non-metal watch helps to prevent the metal scanning machine to loudly beep and waste precious seconds as someone pats you down.
  • Always pack clothes that don't need to be ironed. Or better, pack clothes that have that purposely crumpled look. Like a purposeful hipster hobo.
  • Bring a capelet and/or a shawl because it gets cold in airports and both are great for putting over your head to protect you from UV rays and weird stares as you fall asleep in the plane/car/meeting room. 
Thanks for reading, don't you dawdle now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!