Sunday 17 May 2015

Travel toiletries and troubles

Dress: Smooch the Label
Bag: Kate Spade (Similar-ish here)
Sunglasses: Karen Walker
Necklace: Twentyeight Lane (Similar here) | Ring: Lovisa/Gift from Wens (Similar here)
Shoes: Pedder Red (Similar here)
I do short overnight business trips to KL pretty often and I really hate lugging around loads of things so I think I've become quite the pro at packing for such trips and I'd like to share some of my must-have toiletries for these trips.

Must have toiletries when travelling (from left in a clockwise direction)

Travel-size everything!
  1. Dalacin in a 10ml bottle: I need acne prevention especially when I travel because travelling stresses my skin out. This handy little bottle means I apply the solution to my finger and dab the affected zitty areas. 
  2. Theramed travel sized toothpaste: It tastes nice and keeps my breath fresh. 
  3. Suisal beauty clear powder: This is awesome. My mommy bought it for me from Japan, it's little pots of facewash in powder form (kinda like powdered detergent for the face) and it gives that squeaky clean feeling. Just pour a little powder out on your hand and lather into a paste with waster and voila, foamy facewash! 
  4. Laneige moisturiser: Throwaway sample packs of moisturisers are perfect for short trips. 
  5. Makeup brushes: These travel-size makeup brushes and pouch are from Kumano, Japan, which is a town in Japan that is famous for its brushes. Apparently all the makeup artists in Japan only use brushes from Kumano. I can't recall what brand this one is but check out Mizuho or Hakuhodo
  6. Toothbrushes: A toothbrush with a cover is basically the only way to go because HYGIENE. 
  7. Biore makeup wipes: I think this has about 10 pieces of pre-soaked pads and it's good to remove even stubborn mascara 
  8. Ok I realise the layout might be confusing but now I'm talking about the round green thing is is travel sized dental floss: So much yes. Flossing is next to cleanliness which is next to godliness which is next to awesomeness. 
  9. Lastly, the blue crocodile: This crocodile is actually a pair of scissors that Mouse Squad member Nic, bought for me from Iceland. Having scissors is great because sometimes you have loose threads or need to cut open packs of things (eg. the moisturiser samples).
With regard to must-have no. 9, if you carry a pair of scissors, remember to check in your luggage! I forgot I had these in my cabin bag and it went through the scanner and the airport security made me open my bag to show them I didn't have a concealed weapon. They couldn't locate the offensive weapon (and I didn't know I had it on me) so they let me pass, but only after I had forgotten to zip up my bag thus lifting it up and letting the entire contents of my bag, including panties and bra, spill out on to the floor. I was so flustered by the way, that I did it TWICE. I am the coolest.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!