Wednesday 13 May 2015

Kid

Dress: Just Taylor (Similar here)
Bag: Gracious Aires (Similar here)
Shoes: Nelly (Similar here)
Sunglasses: Karen Walker
Ring: Jessica Buurman
First off, sorry for the ultra bad quality of the photos. This is what happens when you leave the camera in the air-conditioned room overnight and immediately start taking photos. The reason why I'm still sharing them is because I'm a warts and all kind of blogging person (but not moles, I remove those because YUCK). Also I'm too lazy to retake. Anyhoodle....

I really like this dress, I bought it ages ago but the material has maintained its shape and held up quite well. Much like this dress, I also hope to hold up well and maintain my shape. But that's proven to be quite an uphill battle because as I've mentioned before, age just isn't on my side. (AGE, YOU BASTARD!!!) 

Someone once told me that sunblock is the only proven successful anti-aging product (besides a time machine or delusion I guess) so obviously I've gone all out to block that sun the best I can. Some good methods include: 

1. Don't leave the house
2. Wear a Hazmat suit 
3. Destroy the sun 

But sunblock seems to be the best option and I've got a new sunblock to recommend! I've told you before that I use Biotherm for my face and Sunplay for my body but I've recently decided to try out a new sunblock by Cetaphil Daylong.

Liposomal just sounds sciency
While Sunplay states that it's SPF 80++ or even 130++, I tend to be a little skeptical, mostly because so many established and famous brands hover around the SPF 30 to SPF 50 kind of levels. It's as if Sunplay just said 'hey we're SPF whatever's-higher-than-the-other-guys'. So I selected this one which is called Cetaphil Daylong Kids SPF 50. I chose this not because there wasn't an adult option and not because I imagine myself to be young and sprightly but rather because it comes in a larger bottle so I just felt more inclined towards it. Also, if it's good for sensitive baby skin, it should be good for me, right?

I like it so far with all its claims of goodness on the box (non-comedogenic, fragrance-free, water-resistant, dermatologically tested, paraben-free, oil-free, non-sticky) and I've found it to be less sticky than Sunplay. Another plus, I like the squeezy nozzle pump which controls the amount of sunblock I use more effectively than the aerosol spray. 

So I hope that I'll suddenly see my skin becoming more like that of a child's (untarnished by the sun) but so far I'm happy with this product and would recommend it. I bought mine from Watsons in Raffles City, but I don't think all the outlets carry it though so I'd call and check before heading down if you're intending to get it from your nearest Watsons.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!