Wednesday 26 August 2015

Nailed it





T-shirt: Banana Republic (Similar here) | Skirt: Chicwish (Similar here) | Shoes: ASOS (Similar-ish here) | Sunglasses: Pieces (Similar here)
Bag: Gracious Aires (Similar here) | Necklace: Twentyeight Lane | Ring: Glebe Market (Similar here)

So I have a freak hand. It's no big deal really. I was born with a left hand that is lacking a muscle. I guess it might have been a big deal if I was like, really musically gifted and had the potential to be a world class guitar player (my hand is too small so I can't grip the guitar well and my thumb can't hold down the necessary chord... Or something). Although, there are people without limbs who do tons of crazy awesome stuff so maybe I'd have just learned to play it with my toes... But that is not the point and I digress waaaay too much. Seriously, where was I?

Oh yes. Freak hand. No big deal. So aside from not being able to do a few things here and there, I also have the related freak nails. Teeny tiny nail beds on short stumpy fingers. It's clearly very attractive. Because my hands aren't exactly an attraction, among various reasons, I don't usually do my nails.
Freak hand
Buuuuut. I did my nails recently! I met a lady called Zoe and she owns a nail parlour called Thumbelina so I thought I'd check it out and I'm so glad I did because seriously my hands and feet needed some TLC.

Thumbelina is a cute little place that's on the second level of a row of shophouses along Bukit Timah Road. It's a blink and you might miss it place which might really add to its charm since its namesake is a blink and you'll miss her kind of fairy.

A signboard so you won't miss it
 The parlour is quaintly decorated with cute and girly accents - a perfect home for the little fairy.


The rows and rows of nail polishes are from O.P.I. and Chanel so you know this means it's fancy pants. Seriously made it hard to pick a colour.



I sat in the chair by the window so I could look out when I was bored but I ended up chatting my Nora, my manicurist who was really a delight. She told me that she wanted to be a flight attendant when she was younger but couldn't meet the height criteria. She said, "I stopped growing tall but kept growing sideways".
I was given 3 huge books filled with nails, which made me think of a great idea for an episode of Criminal Minds. Like a killer with a penchant for keeping fingernails in a book. How creepy right??? I should be a screenwriter.
Nora helped me pick out complimentary colours for my fingers and toes. I ended up choosing a glittery pink because I thought I should girl it up all the way.

Tch tch tch tch - the sound of filing 'em talons down
It was a very pleasant experience to be pampered by people, although it feels a little weird to have people touching my feet (and scraping the dead skin off it... EW!! Sorry!) 
Freak hand after pampering
Well, the hand is still freaky, can't do anything about that. But now they are SHINY freaky. So YAY!

So if you feel like your freaky hands and feet need some help, check out Thumbelina and ask for Nora. She is the bomb-diggity.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!