Thursday 20 August 2015

It's a nice day for a white wedding






Top: Mango | Skirt: ASOS (Similar here) | Shoes: Nelly (Similar here)
Bag: Hong Kong (Similar here) | Earrings: Vincci (Similar here) | Ring: Twentyeight Lane 

As much as I've tried to fight it, I've reached the age bracket where most of the people I know are getting married and making babies. It's truly scary. Nonetheless, I'm filled with many joyous feelings for all of my beautiful friends and their partners and obviously wish them marital bliss.

I've been a bridesmaid 4 times now (one more time to come next year for my dear friend dell), so I like to think I've picked up some excellent tricks on being THE BEST BRIDESMAID IN THE WORLD. 

If you are younger than me and haven't started attending 43268923752 weddings a year yet, then here are some tips so you can smoothly navigate the treacherous waters around bridezilla island (not that the brides I maided for were bridezillas!!!!) and the gulf of the demanding parentals (also not saying anything!!!).

Tips to be the world's second best bridesmaid:

The bride is the bride. You are not. So avoid wearing anything skanky that would make all the eyes be on your flesh rather than on the bride. Also, while it's an old fashioned thing, avoid wearing white because while most brides don't really care, there will always be those who do and you should err on the side of caution.
Ohnoshedidnt. Pic from here
Check your personal dramas at the door. If you're on the verge of an epic movie star meltdown - Just don't.
Honey I'm about to throw down. Pic from here
Always have tissue ready because those gowns are stuffy and hot so the bride might perspire. Also, people typically cry.
I'm just so happy right now!!!! Pic from here
The word 'maid' in 'bridesmaid' was put there for a reason. Rose petals stained the bottom of her gown? Get down on your hands and knees and bleach it off baby. Bride needs you to make her diamond ring sparkle like that vampire in Twilight? You go buff that thing till your fingers are numb.
Bow to me, slave! Pic from here
If you're a speech-giver, do not, for the love of all things good and holy, a) get so drunk you end up slurring through the speech, b) wing it - prepare your speech c) talk about the hens night/penises/the bride's sex life (or even lack thereof).  
The speech giver is totally like 'NAILED IT'. Pic from here
Thanks for reading, I hope you'll enjoy all the lovely weddings you will attend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!