Monday 17 August 2015

Leopard love





Top: H&M | Skirt: Chicnova | Shoes: Pedro (Similar-ish here) | Bag: Gracious Aires (Similar here) | Ring: Jessica Buurman

I'm an animal lover, in case you didn't already know, and my not-so-secret retirement dream is to go live on an elephant sanctuary so I can... I dunno, shovel elephant poop... But also so I can make the lives of those gentle giants better. I would also love to run a dog shelter so I could hang out with Nacho all day and maybe he'd be less cray around other dogs and just chill out and be awesome. 

In the news lately (or not so lately depending on when I post this), Cecil the lion was killed by a hunting enthusiast from the USA.... Not cool man. I don't understand hunting for sport. It doesn't seem very sporty to shoot at animals that are just like, wandering about being chill and majestic and letting the wind blow through their gorgeous manes.  

And prior to that, there was the annual Yulin dog meat festival. I mean, I love dogs, I would never consume dog meat, and I know it's hypocritical of me to be all up in arms about dogs when I eat other types of meat for subsistence, but the inhumane ways people steal, store and kill the meat they eat... That's just horrible business. Plus the fact that dogs are such good companions to humans really makes me wonder what's up in Yulin. Surely some changes can be made.

But not to be a huge Debbie downer... Some super news I read lately about the ending of the mass slaughter of animals in Nepal (and strangely, also Joanna Lumley of Ab Fab fame). Through Ms Lumley's efforts, the mass sacrifice of all animals, big and small, was halted because they mad respect her for her work to champion the recognition of Gurkhas' place and contributions in UK. See? Change can happen. COME ON YULIN. STEP THE HELL UP. 

Thanks for reading guys, go on and hug your dog/cat/hamster/cow now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!