Monday 15 June 2015

Paint me like one of your French girls


Top: ASOS (Similar here) | Skirt: J. Crew (Similar here) | Shoes: ASOS | Bag: Tangs (Similar here)
 Necklace: Gift from Mousie (Similar here) | Scarf (wound around necklace): ASOS | Ring: Tsumori Chisato (Similar here)  

I'm definitely no makeup junkie but I know what I like and I know that makeup makes me look waaaaaaay better. I know that inner beauty is important but I am also really vain ok??

I like a very natural look that's all about concealing flaws without being too BOOMZWOWZABAZINGA. Also, I like the natural look because I am L-A-Z-Y and if anyone asks why I look so messed up, I can just say it's the natural look. What this means is that I go easy on the shimmer, the glitter and the gloss. My beauty essentials are below and these are what I use on a daily basis:
The tricks of the trade
Peter Thomas Roth CC Cream
I've mentioned this before and I seriously cannot stop praising it. Ever since I started using it, I've gotten several compliments on my 'good skin' from various people (even some I don't know). I use this as a base after applying my sunblock. Initially they were only selling the 'light to medium' shade in Sephora which was a little dark for my face but now they've started selling the 'light' shade and because my skin tone is somewhere in between, I mix the two to get what I feel is a more complimentary shade. I think I could possibly use 'light' alone since some oxidation is bound to occur. 

Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer
I find my dark circles quite epic so I like this paste-like concealer in shade 1C Light (cool) because it gives quite a lot of coverage and has quite a lot of staying power. Plus it's labelled 'cool' which is clearly a reflection of my personality. Of course, the bad thing is that it can be a little cakey and dry after I apply powder over it. 

Maybelline White Superfresh Compact Powder Foundation
I don't bother with expensive face powder because I bought a Shu Uemura one once and it seems flaky and too light compared to this Maybelline powder in a 03 Natural shade which has never gone wrong and is like a bajillion dollars cheaper. Even at the end of the day, I am happy, it still remains on my face (maybe because of awesome CC cream mentioned above) and it has SPF and gives me a nice matte finish. I'm not a fan of the dewy look because I just look oily.

Maybelline HyperSharp Eyeliner in black and brown
Because of my tiny squinty eyes, I love liquid eyeliner for a sharp and defined look rather than the smudgy kohl pencil type which overwhelms my eyes. These liners are great because they dry quite quickly, don't smudge unless I rub it a lot at the end of the day (I have oily eyelids so everything smudges and I've given up on the 24-hour no smudge dream) and most of all, they are way affordable. I use the black one for the top lid and the brown one for the bottom because I read that using black on both will make the eyes look smaller.

Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour
I like this blush because it's non-shimmery and it's really kinda hard to find a non-shimmer blush that has good pigments which last throughout the day. I have no complaints about this blush which is quite natural in the 'Rose Petal' shade (depending on how heavy I apply it of course) and since I never apply that much blush at a time, it's lasted me probably longer than most so the cost factor really isn't high.

Yup, so that rounds up my daily makeup consumption habits. Thanks for reading, you beautiful creature, you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!