Tuesday 9 June 2015

Obliterate me


Dress: Dorothy Perkins (Similar here) | Bag: Charles & Keith | Shoes: Sheinside
Sunglasses: Karen Walker | Ring: Gift from Jee Fang from Lovisa (Similar here)

I somehow imagined my dress to be covered in polka dots and even tagged it as such but then I realised that actually they're more like raindrops. Anyway, doesn't matter because I love polka dots so I'm just going to pretend it is what I thought la la la la la la la I can't hear you la la la la. My love affair with polka dots is really only second to my love affair with fatty foods.

So you can only imagine how much I wish I could check out the Yayoi Kusama Obliteration Room in person and paste some stickers and be a part of the art. This is totally going to be my inspiration for the house of the future.
Obliteration Room image taken from here
My aunt first told me about Kusama a couple of years ago. She's an incredibly fun artist who uses dots on everything she does in a myriad of colours. I checked out her 'Dots Obsession' when I was in France and I loved it so much, I wanted to take it home but it didn't fit into my suitcase.
Photo taken by uncle John.
To fulfill my Kusama Kraving (this should totally be a thing), I got a keychain and a folder. But the room is the one I want (Please note for future birthday and Christmas presents. Thanks.) She also did a collaboration with Louis Vuitton in 2012 so LV bags and such are also welcome.
So kawaii and so useful
Anyway, if you're a more fortunate individual than me, please please please check it out and maybe get a souvenir. Thanks for reading!

10 comments:

Talk to me!