Tuesday 23 June 2015

Girl, you'll be a woman soon




Top: Smooch the Label | Culottes: True Decadence | Shoes: ASOS
Necklace: Mango (Similar here) | Ring: Lovisa (Similar here) | Clutch: DKNY (Similar here)

As the 'baby' of the family, I am totally sheltered and I've been spoiled rotten by my mother and sister. When I go to restaurants with either of them, I don't even bother to look at the menu and just let them order food for me. My mother still makes my breakfasts.

So true-talk: I don't have any clue what it means to be an adult. So sometimes, when I come across lists that purportedly tell you just how you should behave, I go through the list and try to check it off as if it proves that I AM MATURE and that I KNOW THINGS.

Here's a list from Glamour Magazine that I found fun:
30 Things Every Woman Should Have and Know by the Time She's 30

By 30, you should have:

1. One old boyfriend you can imagine going back to and one who reminds you of how far you’ve come.
Hmmmm. OBVIOUSLY yes to the latter! Screwwwww you you-know-who-you-are!!
2. A decent piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in your family.
Did I tell you I bought chairs recently??
3. Something perfect to wear if the employer or man of your dreams wants to see you in an hour.
How do you think Ryan Gosling feels about my birthday suit?
4. A purse, a suitcase and an umbrella you’re not ashamed to be seen carrying.
I don't know about you but I think it's really stupid to be ashamed to be seen carrying an umbrella. If it's raining, and I have a stupid umbrella, maybe I'd be all 'HAHA you don't have an umbrella cos you're too cool to be seen carrying the umbrella that reads "colon cleansing for everybody" or something and now you're just a wet judgyface human!!'
5. A youth you’re content to move beyond.
Neverrrrrrrrr
6. A past juicy enough that you’re looking forward to retelling it in your old age.
Hell yeah. *wink wink*
7. The realization that you are actually going to have an old age—and some money set aside to help fund it.
Oh crap.
8. An e-mail address, a voice mailbox and a bank account—all of which nobody has access to but you.
Who has a voice mailbox these days??
9. A résumé that is not even the slightest bit padded.
Of course (if you're my boss reading).
10. One friend who always makes you laugh and one who lets you cry.
I even have the friend that makes me laugh till I cry. I win at life.
11. A set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill and a black lace bra.
That is such a weird list but yes I do happen to have those things and I use them concurrently because that is always how you should do home repairs.
12. Something ridiculously expensive that you bought for yourself, just because you deserve it.
I'm a cheapo so everything is ridiculously expensive to me.
13. The belief that you deserve it.
HELL YEAH GIRL POWER!
14. A skin-care regimen, an exercise routine and a plan for dealing with those few other facets of life that don’t get better after 30.
Skin-care regimen - of course. Exercise routine - Sorta I routinely avoid it. A plan - Delusion is the plan.
15. A solid start on a satisfying career, a satisfying relationship and all those other facets of life that do get better.
I'm F*CKED

Anyway, my response to the second part of the list will be in my next post and I'm sure you'll be waiting with baited breath to see just how grown up I totally am.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Talk to me!