Saturday 4 July 2015

Oops I did it again





Top: Smooch the Label | Skirt: Kate Spade (Similar here) | Shoes: River Island (Similar here) | Bag: Celine (Similar here)
Sunglasses: Pieces | Earrings: Vintage (Similar here) | Bracelet: Old (Similar here) | Ring: Vincci (Similar here)   

So it would appear that I may have worn this top backwards, but I'm not feeling too bad about this simply because I'm pretty sure I've made worse mistakes than this and also I think it looks fine and at least I ain't flashing.

Certain moments in my life spring to mind which make me cringe but also serve to remind me about how far I've come (I hope). Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I didn't always take a lot of pictures so I don't have all those moments recorded but here are some of the ones I've found. I guess it would actually make more sense to destroy the images rather than put them online for all the world to see for eternity but since I'm a masochistic idiot, here ya go...
My balance is still terrible
Granted these were my PJs and I was in my apartment in Montreal... But this was taken when a guy I was trying to impress came over with some friends to make pancakes for breakfast. Although I guess I can say I wasn't trying too hard to impress so that makes me cool right? But look at those glasses. And the hair. And the overall vibe. Just. No.
Bali babe
This was in Bali, I cropped my aunt out because I'm not sure if she'd want to be shown next to such a hideous troll. This was in my 'sporty' phase so I wore a lot of cheap board shorts and white tees. This was totally my uniform. Plus that hair. I look like a re-fried Justin Bieber.

So shiny.
My door bitch days involved a lot of sparkle. I look like an extra in a low budget rendition of some musical that's never gonna make it to broadway.

This is like that scene in The Shining but not on purpose
Pic from here
I only recently chucked out this dress and my friends asked me, 'when would you even wear this??' because it's so tight and so short. Skank alert! There should have been an axe of common sense and dignity crashing through the door to get at me.
Bridge troll
I was in Bintan so beachy dress + leggings to keep the mozzies away. Or maybe because it was basically sheer under light. Hip belt because those days it was all about the hip belts and it gave me a balloon effect so I looked like a marshmallow stuck on two sticks.

A lot of 'why?' in this.
I look like the cross between a clown and a mime. I wore these suspender pants all the time like they were going outta style. Too bad for me, I didn't realise they were NEVER in style. 
This photo is not cropped.
This had to be one of my worst. I don't have a full length photo but imagine this pattern but it goes all the way down to my ankles ending as a jumpsuit. A shapeless tube jumpsuit that cinches around the ankles. In this pattern. I once wore it and my mom asked me whether I was going to get dressed because she thought I was still in my PJs. I wore it out and my classmate wrinkled her nose when she saw me which conveyed the notion of 'what on this glorious earth have you chosen to wear???'. Also, if you are wondering why I have a photo of my chest... I do not know. But in this series of photos taken, I have 2 other photos of my friends' chests. Just their chests. I might have been a pervert.

Okay, gonna go hide in shame now. Thanks for reading!

9 comments:

  1. So much variety in your style choices and how it has changed over the years!
    I love your current outfit with the mix of prints and stripes and pop of red in the heels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Evey,
      Thanks for the kind words and support! Glad you like what you see :)

      Delete

Talk to me!