Wednesday 1 July 2015

Germ busters





Top: Uniqlo | Skirt: ASOS (skirt's sold out but get the top) | Shoes: YRU (Similar here) | Sunglasses: Ray Ban
Bag: Y-3 (Similar here) | Necklace: Tatty Devine | Ring: V&A Museum (Similar here)  

As a particularly weak individual, I fall prey to germs quite easily so I'm often down with some ailment or another. When I get sick, I go on the offense big time. I turn into a walking pharmacy and the following are my must-haves for battling a sore throat or a cough.

If I feel a little itch in the throat... Out comes the Danzen which you can buy off the shelf from pharmacies like Watsons or Guardian. It's a little anti-inflammatory drug that you can take 3 times a day and I don't know if it works but I think part of the fight is psychological innit? I BELIEVE it works and so I feel better.
Little pink pills of goodness
Then the battle rages on with Ho Yan Hor, a black herbal tea that tastes somewhat unpleasant (although not bitter) but works wonders. It's very cooling, as we Singaporeans like to say. For the non-Singaporean, I don't know how to describe it but I suppose it's also anti-inflammatory? Like, if your insides were on fire, then this would be the fire extinguisher.
The boo's mom introduced this to me.
I learned this from the boo who swears by it: gargle with mouthwash to cool that throat and kill icky germs. This Pearly White mouthwash is great because it feels kind of gentle on the throat still. Some mouthwashes tend to be really acidic feeling, as if I just stripped my throat of a layer of lining. Ew.
Minty fresh breath + germ killing = power
My go-to supplement whenever I feel poorly is Echinacea. Momster used to make me drink it in a liquid form which was disgusting. Imagine drinking the liquified bark of the most angry tree in the forest of bitterness and sorrow. Nowadays I just take the pill which doesn't smell great but I swear this thing is the bomb. I don't have a preference for any specific brand, I just like it cheap. Lol.
Tree bark, no bite
Anyway, it's durian season now (YUM!!!) so it's pretty much the right time to be stocking up on these things, although I hope you won't have to resort to using them.

Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

Talk to me!