Wednesday 11 May 2016

Simply the best







Top: Chicwish | Pants: FCUK (Similar here) | Shoes: Charles & Keith (Similar here)
Bag: Gracious Aires (Similar here) | Brooch: Etsy (Similar here) | Ring: Vintage (Similar here)


I’m prone to being quite extreme when it comes to things that I love – and my treatment of my dog, Nacho, is no exception.
I love yeeeeeeeewwwwwwww
Nacho means the world to me, I never knew I could love something this much. I’m definitely a crazy dog lady through and through.

For fellow dog owners, I’d like to share some of the things I’ve bought for Nacho which maybe you can consider for your furry friend as well! Although, I’m actually well aware that most dog owners are pretty crazy about their dogs and probably have just as many awesome things for their dogs as I do.

Nacho can be pretty intense and anxious sometimes, especially when he’s at the vet or at the groomers. I read that Rescue Remedy was a good homeopathic option to help my dog chill the eff out (they also make it for humans!) so I immediately bought some. It’s advised to let your dog ingest a few drops of it by putting it in their drinking water, or in a snack. I don’t know if it really works because he’s still pretty crap when he goes to the vet. And Nacho’s groomer, sweet Ashley from De’ Pets Salon, describes him as ‘a bit naughty’ after each grooming session but I’m pretty sure in her head she’s screaming “LITTLE FURRY SPAWN OF SATAN”. 


I’m not sure what it is, but Nacho’s breath is horrible. After incurring a $300+ dental bill for him early this year, I’ve decided to take more effort and care in cleaning his teeth. So I bought this Oratene toothpaste from the vet. It’s a $45 tube of clear gel paste that I rub onto his gums and teeth daily using a little finger cloth. The vet told me that it uses enzymes to clean the plaque off his teeth, and so far, his teeth are still looking pretty clean. My friend Mims says her dog Russell gnaws on bones and that helps but Nacho’s never been much of a chewer and he ignores his chew toys.*Sigh* Expensive toothpaste it is then.

I’m a total sucker for packaging and my snobby hippie wannabe nature means that when I see the word ‘organic’, I’m pretty much 60% convinced. Nacho sometimes gets ticks when he goes running through the grass so I get him Richard's Organics flea and tick shampoo and this one purports to be all natural and safe and gentle. Plus, look how chio that packaging is. It looks fancier than the shampoo I use for myself. Apparently it repels mosquitoes too so maybe I should use it as a body wash. 


Ok so this one is more for me than for Nacho but it’s Nacho adjacent. My sis bought this dog food container for me as a Christmas gift. It’s from Hip Van and I love it because I love dogs and it’s got cute little puppies on it! OMG SO CUTE. The only way it could be made better is if it had Nacho pictures printed on it. This year's Christmas gift perhaps??     


It's like he's all "I'm faaaabulous! What a cool drink of water I am!"
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!