Wednesday 11 February 2015

Mullet life

Dress: Far East Plaza (Similar here)
Belt: Old (Similar here)
Sunglasses: Karen Walker
Bag: Gracious Aires (Similar here)
Ring: Twentyeight Lane | Earrings: Old (Similar here)
Shoes: Pedder Red (Similar-ish here)
I love these Pedder Red heels - Much like a mullet, it's all business in the front and party at the back. 

Often, I find it amazing that I've ended up working in the highly regulated financial industry. My job isn't really sexy or glamorous even though I suppose if I wanted to swan around the place like Elizabeth freaking Taylor, I totally could. Until I get fired. 

When I was in primary school, I obviously thought I'd grow up and be Miss Universe. I still feel that I am quite skilled in the art of tiara-wearing and hand waving but unfortunately my resting bitch face and general lack of height (among other things) would have automatically disqualified me. In secondary school, my passion for drama kicked in and I was sure that by the age of 20, I'd have won my first 'best actress' Oscar and be Singapore's top export. MOVIE STAR LEH NO JOKE.  I heard that the mighty USB was conceived in Singapore by a Singaporean. And even then I'd totally trump that.

But alas, youthful dreams don't always come true. I'm not complaining about my job because it lets me eat food but I guess I'm a squidge further away from dream Alex than I thought I would be. In order to bring some spice to my otherwise rather mundane life (Not even one paparazzo lying wait in my garbage can!), I try to mix things up with my clothes, and introduce quirky elements to my work clothes. Because I am business on the outside but party on the inside. 

Thanks for reading, my fellow party people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!