Monday 1 June 2020

2020: Warm heart heart feelings in these crazy crazy times

Durians, curry puffs and a candle | Gifts from my ex-colleagues giving me the warm heart heart feelings.

Hello 2020, you gigantic dumpster fire of a year.

This is the year when humanity (at least in my short lifetime) feels under siege - Raging wildfires, disastrous climate change and environmental issues, political and racial riots, and of course, who could forget, Covid-19. This feels like some global-scale nightmare.

On a personal level, I lost my job.

Framed this way, it really registers as such a non-event compared to the gravity of the situation around. When it happened, I was sad and worried. But now that some days have gone by, the sadness is gone and I'm grateful for so many things.

Ex-colleagues and people I worked closely with have reached out offering support, kind words, assistance and FOOD! This newfound time affords me the opportunities to think about what I was good at doing, and what I might want to try to do next. It's given me the time to take care of my loved ones and think about how I can improve on my shortcomings.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's been a really strange and uncomfortable time but I'm hopeful that things will get better and that while we will struggle for a while, we will rally and we will survive and hopefully, we will thrive.

Sure, I'm still a little worried about the future. But at least now, I have durian to stress eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!