Tuesday 2 February 2016

Larger than life






 Top: Neon Rose (Similar here) | Skirt: Asos (Similar here) | Shoes: Repetto (Similar here)
Ring: Gift from Wens (Similar here) | Bag: Chicnova
  
One night, my friend was telling me about some young ladies she works with, and how they eat extremely health consciously - strawberries and cucumbers only for lunch, etc. Being young ladies in their early twenties, I'm sure their metabolism can well afford a beating but yet they stick to this bird-like eating habit. No shame on that of course, eating healthy is great, and I don't know, perhaps they really enjoy that kind of diet but I'd choose burgers, kway teow, laksa, fried rice, french fries... Basically anything carb loaded any day. 

And clearly it shows. 

I've actually been feeling a little rounder lately, and hey, no shame in that right? I enjoy my food. But today I stepped on the weighing scale and got a rude shock. I'd gained 3 kilos since the last time I weighed myself - probably a year? And yes, I know, it's not drastic, but I'm creeping back to the weight I was when I first came back to Singapore from Canada - when a friend said to me 'Al! You've gone from a size 2 to a size 6! What happened? Did you eat yourself??' (This friend works in fashion so I guess size is a big deal). 

While I haven't been obsessed with my weight in ages, I think I actually felt a bit grossed out. I don't mean to say gaining weight is unhealthy but in my situation it's really a reflection of my lifestyle. I've been kind of stressed, and when I'm stressed, I like to eat fried chicken. And I haven't really been exercising either because I've been lazy. Overall, I feel terribly unhealthy inside and out. 

So anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm on a diet, but the good healthy kind, not the crazy person kind

Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!