Wednesday 10 February 2016

Balmy






Shirt: ASOS | Skirt: Smooch the Label (Similar here) | Shoes: ASOS (Similar here) | Clutch: Sportsgirl (Similar here)
Earrings: Old (Similar here) | Bracelet: Old (Similar here) | Ring: Vivocity (Similar here)

I have really dry lips, the cause of which I'm not sure, but they tend to get really peely and flaky regardless of whether I have lip balm on. Nonetheless, I'm pretty nuts for lip balms so I thought I'd share my faves with you.


Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm
This colourless balm has a waxy texture, as you'd expect from the name, and it has a nice minty sensation which is weird because I didn't know bees were minty. Cool bees. In truth, this balm has added Vitamin E and peppermint and is apparently 100% natural although honestly, what does that mean? Anyway, I like the texture and the minty sensation but I know it comes in coloured versions too for those who, like me, look like zombies without makeup on.
Colourless Burt's Beeswax Balm
Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Bomb
I got this as a gift from my friend Mims and it was quite the pleasant surprise. This one in Cherry Bomb is purple but it goes on thinly leaving a very natural glossy shade. I basically want all the shades now. And there are a crazy lot to choose from as they have the regular Baby Lips range and the Baby Lips Electro range. Cherry Bomb is from the Electro range which just means it looks like a dance party in the tube but clearly it's made for all day wear.

A hint of colour and shine from Maybelline's Cherry Bomb
Fresh Sugar tinted lip treatment in Coral and Petal
This is a slightly pricey tinted lip treatment but it feels so lux. It goes on almost like a thick full coloured lipstick but has moisturising properties. I couldn't decide which one I wanted so I bought both but I think Coral is now my preferred shade because it's livelier. Plus it has sunscreen and you know how crazy I am about sun protection. According to the website, it leaves a pearlescent tint which Blogger is underlining as a spelling error. So Merriam-Webster's dictionary defines it as 'having a pearly luster'. Get your shizz together, Blogger.
Petal - a rosy glow
Coral - Makes me look alive!
Thanks for reading, bisous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!