Thursday 12 November 2015

Another mother






Top: ASOS (Similar here) | Skirt: Primark (Similar here) | Shoes: Topshop (Similar here
Sunglasses: ASOS | Bag: Aldo | Earrings: Aldo (Similar-ish here) | Ring: Gift (Similar here)


I've just realised that 4 of the 7 items listed here were bought for me by my aunt. Is it strange that my aunt is basically dressing me? I'm not complaining. I've been very lucky because since I was a kid, I had a fashionable aunt who would buy me awesome things and who doesn't like to receive pretty gifts ammirite? 

I remember in Secondary School, on the first day back to school after the CNY break, we'd be allowed to wear our CNY clothes to school. My aunt bought me a light blue metallic threaded dress that was a big hit. I remember a girl called Rosie who came up to me and said, "I like your dress, although it's a bit short." I don't know why she needed to stick that second part in there, maybe it really was too short hahaha but nonetheless, I felt good.

As I get older, I wonder when the time will come when I'll be able to buy her nice gifts back. I think I unsuccessfully bought my aunt a gift once - a very colourful candle. I can only imagine how she probably threw it into a junk pile immediately because now that I think about it, my god that candle was U-G-L-Y.

Having been born into a family of really strong cool women, I think I've been fortunate. My aunts have all stepped in to be second/third/fourth moms to me which is awesome since my mom was a single parent and I wasn't exactly easy to deal with. Lol.

Thanks to my family for being my family, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!