Thursday 8 September 2016

Shopperholic






Dress: Shein | Shoes: New Look (Similar here) | Ring Jessica Buurman (Similar here)

Once again, a huge thanks to Samson aka @braidstrong (instagram) | braidstrong (website) who takes lovely photos.

Hello!

So I've been trying to save money by avoiding online shopping but it's been pretty disastrous. But I've managed to get some really awesome not too expensive things from Aliexpress which is basically like the version of Taobao that caters to people who can't speak/read Chinese but still want cheap stuff. I love Aliexpress but shopping on the site requires patience because there's a lot to take in and go through. Plus you have to read the reviews and because there are multiple vendors selling the same things, you have to make tough decisions with which vendor to buy from. Overall I've had mostly pleasant experiences, although I've had cheap phone covers not get delivered before. But overall I'd say the percentage for that happening is pretty low. 

Anyhoodle, I just wanted to share some of the cool stuff I've bought recently, bearing in mind though, that it's actually not that recent since it takes bloody forever to ship. But that's just one of the drawbacks if you want cheap stuff. 

So you know how I've really been into these Fitness Blender workouts yeah? So I usually put the video up on my iPad, and for the longest time I'd borrow my mom's tablet stand. Well I decided it was time to be a big girl so I got my own. And I think it's awesome because not only did I buy it for US$2.49 with FREE shipping, I also think it's perfect for travel since it's so compact. I am mighty pleased with myself. 





On top of that, you might have noticed that little white thing in the last picture above, that's an audio amp which is just like a little plastic shell that you can attach to your iPad to amplify the sound. I didn't get this from Aliexpress, but rather, from Amazon. I had originally seen a product like it called Sound Bender that was featured in the TV show Shark Tank and I needed it because my iPad 2 speakers are really bad. I wanted to buy the Sound Bender cos of the cool name and the inventor but I needed it to be shipped pronto so I signed up for the Amazon Prime membership free trial and found that Audio Amp was eligible for the fast shipping, but not the Sound Bender. I had it shipped to my godma in the US who then brought it to Singapore to me as she flew in a few days after the delivery was made. Thanks godma, love you. Thanks Amazon, I love you also. Although you don't really always ship to Singapore (Boo) and your stuff can be pricier (double boo). 



The boo tried using the audio amp on his iPad (which is maybe a 3 or 4) but it's a bit too slender so it slides off. Anyway, his iPad speakers are better than mine so he doesn't really need it. I like it because it's so portable and it really does amplify the sound quite substantially. Don't expect THX movie quality sound obviously but sound that's loud enough to be heard over my panting as I exercise.

Moving on... Because I'm an action packed woman, I decided to be extra action and buy these weighted glove from Aliexpress. I'd been looking through Amazon but couldn't find the right weight (and also the look that I liked) that would ship to Singapore. I managed to find these babies which are awesome because they only cost US$5.30 but I've just realised I paid like $17.54 in shipping but ok it still comes to only $22.84 which is cheaper than the ones sold in stores here so I guess it's still a win. They each weigh about 0.5kg which seems little but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be aching after using them. Get ready to see my big guns BANGBANG!


Lastly, I decided to replace my existing lunch bag (yes, I'm a kid who brings a children's lunch bag to the office) because I wanted a lunch bag that I could sling over my shoulder (I often carry a lot of things to work so I need this extra convenience). My existing one was getting kinda mucky and only has a top strap. I also wanted one with a zip because I felt that the one I had often opened up because the velcro wouldn't hold. I ordered this on Aliexpress and have zero complaints because it's SO CUTE and it's exactly what I wanted - insulation material within, shoulder strap for easy carrying, cute pattern, right size to carry breakfast and my afternoon snack. Anyway, this purchase drove me a bit mental because there were SO many options and I really had so much trouble deciding. Multiple vendors were selling variations of this bag with different patterns and styles and also slightly different prices but I just went with the one that made me go 'aww' the most.



I'm so happy, you guys. But now I'm basically back to being addicted to shopping and as I type this I have Aliexpress open and ready to make another purchase - a makeup brush holder (I NEED THIS OKAY?)

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!