Wednesday 30 March 2016

No pain, no gain







Top: Seed (Similar here) | Skirt: Bysi (Similar here) | Shoes: Zalora (Similar here)
Bag: Gracious Aires (Similar here) | Ring: Twentyeight Lane | Earrings: Chinatown (Similar here


In a bid to be a little bit healthier, and also in line with my diet, I’ve initiated a weekly workout session with my friends by my poolside.

It started off as simply as realizing what a wobbly blob I’ve become – I’m not the sort who needs to be super skinny but I do like a bit of muscle, which I realize I definitely was/am lacking. So we asked our fittest friend Anil if he’d coach us and while he thought we were joking at first (I think the idea of us squealing ladies and exercise probably didn’t gel), he agreed and thus began our fitness club.
It’s only been 3 weeks so I can’t say that I really have changed in terms of musculature, but I feel healthy and also happier so I guess it’s going in the right direction. Plus I ached like a b*tch after the first session so I must be waking those fatties up (and probably shocking them) and turning them into MUSCLES.  

For most of our workout sessions, Anil refers to Fitness Blender which is a great site for free workout videos that you can select based on level of intensity, time, what areas you want to work on, etc. Beyond our fitness group where we hopefully motivate one another, I also refer to the site on other days so I can follow the videos and do the workouts in the comfort of my own home (fan at full blast, sweating disgustingly all over the floor) at my own pace (normally slow) and at my desired level (level couch potato with aspirations of being an outdoor fitness yam… I can’t think of what would be the most opposite thing of a couch). Most of the workouts don’t require expensive machines or workout gear like weights and blah blah fitness stuff so it’s really perfect for noobs like me who just want to sweat it out and feel good that I didn’t die.

Anyway, here’s to hoping that I’ll be able to share more on my fitness journey as I become as strong as an ox.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!